Thursday, November 3, 2011

MTC

Hola! Como le va?
Hi, me and my companion just got back from the Provo temple and had a great time. :) A lot has happened since I last wrote so I'm going to try and remember the best I can.
It has snowed down here a bit which got my companion, who is also my senior companion,  pretty excited, being as he has never lived in such a cold dry climate. The dry climate has led to some issues for him though, he has gotten some bloody noses, dry lips, and red eyes but has taken it all in stride. I have my P days on Wednesday and yesterday we have gotten new missionaries, around 600.  It's weird that our district isn't the new guys anymore. Over the past week we have grown pretty close together as a district, there is another Elder Johnson and his companion Pathokas who are both going to Mexico Guadalajara mission. Everybody else is going to either Los Angeles or Oklahoma city. One person who everybody like is Elder George who is from Cody, Wyoming on a dairy farm. He keeps us pretty entertained with stories of farm life. Every district has a service assignment and our district does puts away the stadium and chairs after devotionals. There were a lot of rumors going around that Thomas S. Monson was going to be there but it turned out to be a member of the quorum of the 70 named Zwink. It was an amazing talk on prayer and the Holy Ghost. Part of learning the language here is teaching lessons to a investigator in spanish, what freaked me out was that we started doing this our 2nd day here. Now we are working on our 5th lesson and we challenged him to be baptized and he accepted. I know he is probably just a BYU student who volunteers or gets paid to do it but it still felt pretty good. Im lucky to have Elder Doria as a companion, he has picked up spanish a lot better then me. He was able to answear the investigators questions while I was trying to figure out what he said.
 
One of the things that is hard for a lot of our district is the classroom portions were we learn spanish, they last anywhere from 3 hours to 6 hours  a day. But I have actually come to enjoy them pretty well. Im eager to learn this so when in the mission field I can help with the investigator more. Our teacher is hermano (brother) Hale and he is excellent. We can all say a basic prayer, testimony and opening  conversation. You definitly learn the language a lot quicker here then in school. The spirit is definitly helping me with that. Espiritu Santo (Holy Ghost) is very strong here. 
I wish I could have said happy birthday to grandpa, I hope every body had a good Halloween. 
Sincerly Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment