Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This week has been very interesting. To start with I have a new companion named Elder Ramirez from Monterrey just like my trainer Elder Guevara. He is a violin player and is very cool. Well we did it! we got the baptisms! Baldamar and Guadalupe were baptized and confirmed members of the church. It truly has been a miracle, there were so many roadblocks in the way but each time we were able to tare them down to get them married and baptized. Even one of the zone leaders said that he thought that weren't going to baptize them. Well we did. Elder Miguel and I spent a lot of time thinking about them and praying for them. But it all worked out in the end and the baptismal service was very spiritual and strong. Honestly one of the best baptismal services that I have had.
I got to go drop Elder Miguel and say some last good byes. I am really going to miss him. He has been the best companion I have ever had. I am extremely thankful that we got to end it with a baptism. Right after the baptism we found out the transfers. I am staying here for another 6 weeks in Riberas del bosque. Elder Mayo is leaving, when we went out for pizza later I pointed out that we have been in the same district for 8 months and we were finally saying good bye for now. Now our district leader in a guy named Elder Benson who was in my district when I first started off In insurgentes. This transfer we have around 17 missionaries going home. My zone Florido and Insurgentes will get to see the ground breaking ceremony. There are going to be church leaders and some government officals including the Governor. So the mission president told us to get everything ready.
Right now with Baldamar and Guadalupe baptized we are looking for new investigators to work with. Miguel and I spent the entire weekend contacting in the hot sun. Sadly we didn't get any new investigators. So Right now we are in finding mode.
This past week we had to go a couple hours with out water. Thieves came in the night and broke off parts of the water pipes to sell for scrap metal. We learned that this was the 5th time it has happened to our building so this time they used PCP pipes instead. Now it wont a happen again. Saturday Mexico won against Brazil so there was some celebrating over that.
I also got the package this week thank you. And Thanks Mariah the CDs are great. I also got your letter Grandpa and Grandma.
Love Elder Micah Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment